Sprouted Food Products
What are germs?
Germs are sprouts or sprouts of seeds, which grow into the seed through water and heat from the germ. These shoots are in the early stage between seed and young plant. This is the most vital stage because the required nutrients are still extracted from the seed (by the sprout) and converted into particularly valuable nutrients that are easily absorbed by humans. After this stage, roots will form that look for external nutrition (from soil/soil), the germination process is then already over and in fact, they are already young plants.
Germinating in history
Already since the year 3000 B.C. stories have surfaced about the important value of germs. The Chinese doctors of that time praised the bean sprouts for their high nutritional values and medicinal properties.
The germination process
Seeds consist mainly of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and contain about 10% water. During germination, the carbohydrates, mainly in the form of starch, are converted into simple sugars, making the germs easily digestible. The fats are mainly used by the seed as a source of energy and the proteins are partially broken down into valuable amino acids. The vitamin content, especially vitamin C, strongly increases during the germination process.
Benefits of germs:
- A vegetable that is eaten as a whole at its most vital moment of growth, as opposed to 'mature' vegetables, of which one usually eats only part.
- The nutritional values are maintained until the moment of consumption.
- Because the germ is still in an early stage of its development into a plant/vegetable, it has not yet had a chance to develop diseases and/ or to become gluttonous.
Germinated cereals in breakfast cereals
- From 100% sprouted grains
- Painted digestible
- Simple, natural, tasty & healthy
- Full of energy in daily life and sports
- Simple preparation
- Basic metabolism
- Amaranth Seeds Organic SKU: 45140-confAs low as €2.18 incl. VAT: €2.38